Friday, February 13, 2009

Dental Wizardry

I was sitting at work reading through training material when I felt something odd in my mouth. I spit out one of my fillings a moment later. Not a 15 year old silver filling but a composite filling that is less than two years old and done by a dentist I DID NOT like. Back lower right side right between two molars -- small filling on each. Instead of taking his time and doing two fillings he had done one that connected the teeth together and that is what popped out.
New state, new town, new dentist. I must say this guy was Fabulous. Very light touch with the gigantic nerve block needle, took his time and did it right all with a sense of humor. They did all the work to get rid of the old composite material and drill out getting ready for the new stuff. Went one tooth at a time. Oh and I got to watch TV inbetween while waiting for the nerve block to set, etc. My choice of channels on the flat screen computer monitor attached to the chair -- TV is video streamed in.
First tooth he filled in, buffed, polished, sanded whatever and told me to bite down to test and the composite went CRUNCH. Apparently, it didn't work. I was proving to be a bit of a challenge. The second attempt he turned into a master craftsman slowly polishing and grinding to get the composite to fit perfectly. The whole process took almost 2 hours between the failed first filling and finishing the other two but they are as close to perfect as you can get. Not cold/hot sensitive, fit nicely when I bite down, feel good. So here's to a nice smile and a good dentist I'll actually be willing to go back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your thoughts into words!