Monday, July 16, 2007

Stick a Fork in Me....

I'm done!
Flew from Erie, PA to Phoenix, AZ today. 57 degrees at 600am this morning in Erie, 97 in Phoenix at 1005am local time when I landed. By the time I left work this afternoon it was 110. I know, I know, everyone says it's a "dry heat." They forget that July is "monsoon" season which apparently the definition of monsoon here is there is a very slight chance of rain. Humidity is up to 33% so the heat is NOT dry.
How did I handle the heat? Air conditioning everywhere and a great hotel pool. I can stand to be in 110 degrees if I'm in a pool. I plan to get one hell of a tan this week while working my but off. Always take your fun where you can get it.
I was here months ago and had a weird experience at the hotel. Apparently they notated that on my account cause I am styling it on the concierge floor. I feel like such a yuppie: free munchies, drinks, breakfast, desserts....no complaints from me!
They just delivered milk and chocolate chip cookies to me...I'm going to be spoiled by the end of the week!
I didn't want to come but decided I would have a fantastic trip anyway...so far so great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your thoughts into words!