Friday, October 26, 2007

Week in Review

Another work week has come and gone. I completed interviews for one of my positions and after much agonizing between two canidates, picked the one I think will work best. I know, however, that my choice will cause a lot of waves since the one who didn't get the job has been temping in this position for a couple of months. We'll see in the next few months if my choice was wise.
We finally got some significant rain here in eastern N. Carolina. It was desperately needed though sad to say, desipite 3 straight days of rain, the extreme drought is still present. The down side to the switch in weather was the headache I've been walking around with for three days. It was strong enough to keep me from the weekly basketball game. I went to bed last night instead and awoke to Curious George chasing his own tail on top of me at 4 am. Despite almost 2 years of serious effort on his part, his tail is still firmly attached to his ass.
Life continues to shift and change all around me. I think for the better though sometimes the changes and realizations happen frighteningly fast. I just strap myself in with my trusty 5 point saftey harness and hold on for the ride.
THe headache is still twinging at the edges so I'm off to relax some more...more on the changes later.

2 comments:

  1. selecting the right person for the job is one of the hardest things to do. current thinking on the best way changes all the time ... hope it turns out OK

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, do i remember the days of hiring and crossing my fingers...and i don't miss any of it! when i made a mistake in choice, it always seemed HUGE and seemed to bite me on the butt for months.

    "Despite almost 2 years of serious effort on his part, his tail is still firmly attached to his ass." LOLOL

    ReplyDelete

Put your thoughts into words!