Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Random Thoughts

  • Curious George has decided I need to be up at 5:30 am every morning for the express purpose of giving him attention and playing with him and his toy mouse on a string.
  • My alarm does not go off until 6:30 (not including 2 snoozes I allot).
  • Terminating someones employment never gets easier and unfortunately, as a manager of a training department, I'm going to have to do this more often when trainees don't meet goals.
  • Hiring people is also not an easy task. I have open positions in my department and there are times in the course of interviews that I wish I had a real magic 8 ball to ask, "Will this person work well on my team?" Alas, I have to go with facts and instincts. I guess I'll find out over the upcoming months if those facts and instincts were right.
  • Having carpeting in the new apartment is apparently a great thing for the cats. We now have a nightly Kitty NASCAR Race Circuit though the apartment (including over me in the bed) as the cats celebrate their ability to corner like a BMW.
  • Neighbors in an apartment building are both a blessing and a curse. They will give you good things like a free beer as you walk to your apartment. They will play old school country music with a top notch stereo system providing a free vibrating foot massage for those who live above them (namingly me).
  • Chic-Fil-A has the best chicken nuggets EVER.
  • That's about all my brain can handle for now...

4 comments:

  1. Hey there,

    just wanted to say thanks for dropping by my blog.

    Glad to hear that you are still interested in the design. You can find my email on my blogger profile and email me a relatively detailed description of what you want and I'll get it to you as soon as I can which would probably be a day or two afterward.

    Hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there,

    just wanted to say thanks for dropping by my blog.

    Glad to hear that you are still interested in the design. You can find my email on my blogger profile and email me a relatively detailed description of what you want and I'll get it to you as soon as I can which would probably be a day or two afterward.

    Hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a manager at Mother Corp, I never got used to letting people go. I always felt so guilty, that I was strangling their career by firing them.

    Rationally, I know it was the right thing to do. But my soft insides always got turned inside out leading up to, during and following these traumatic episodes. I can still remember each one in vivid technicolor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is it with kitties lately? Mine have been waking me up at Way too Early because they either want to be petted, or they just want to play Trampoline on my bladder.

    Firing people sucks. Only time it wasn't hard was when I had to let a woman go from the gym day care...she was so negligent that firing her was the only sane option, and I didn't care that she cried...

    ReplyDelete

Put your thoughts into words!