Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Beware the Penguins


NHL hockey playoffs started this evening. I'm a Pittsburgh Penguin fan... I even have the Sidney Crosby jersey. I grew up watching the Penguins and even went to games on a fairly regular basis with my Dad when Mario Lemieux and Jamir Jagr played together and the Penguins won the cup. I've been waiting for awhile to see a good Penguin team again and here they are.
One of the few downsides to moving to North Carolina is I don't get to see many Steeler games during football season and even less Penguin games during hockey season.
I was really excited to watch the outdoor game between the Penguins and the Buffalo Sabres on New Years Day. Now the Playoffs are here and the playoffs are on cable.
The game has been very good tonight though the Penguins need to be smarter on the penalties. Give a team a power play over and over and eventually they are going to get the puck in the net. I'm looking forward to the whole series against the Ottawa Senators and I'm very hopeful for the Penguins to continue. I really want to be sitting in front of my nifty new LCD TV in my Crosby Penguin hockey shirt cheering on the team.
Beware the Penguins!
Go Pens!

1 comment:

  1. hey! are you from the 'Burgh?

    Black and yellow RULES in this house! Hubby is from Pittsburgh and is a diehard STEELER, PIRATE and PENGUIN fan...he bleeds yellow and black!

    ReplyDelete

Put your thoughts into words!