Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Miracle on the Horizon

I am now officially smoke free. I've been on the nicotine patches since 6/30/08 but was also provided with Quest 3 non menthol nicotine free cigarettes to help combat my habit of picking up a cigarette. Funny thing happened from the first day...I used to smoke a pack a day but with the nicotine free ones I was averaging 8 a day. This gave me a chance to really focus on the habit without dealing with the cravings thanks to the patch. As of 7/8/08 I am completely smoke free. I'll be walking around with a patch on for quite a few more weeks. I'm involved with a quit smoking research project at Duke University and I'm following their directions to the letter.
So far so good. Cravings are very mild and not very frequent...much better than my previous attempts. I am dealing with some sleep issues (hard time falling asleep and REALLY vivid dreams like watching my own nonsensical cinema at night) but those will fade away too.
As far as the rest of my life, in the last few days I've been learning some important lessons about faith and taking things one day at a time. I'm learning to trust that all things will work out and I'm becoming much more relaxed.
All in all the past few weeks have been very eye opening and enlightening. I can't wait to see what today brings.

1 comment:

Put your thoughts into words!