Friday, February 9, 2007

Adventures in Driving

Another day, another inch of snow on the car...
The heavy amounts of snow are over (for now until the lake thaws in March) but every morning this week I've woken up to an inch or so of snow on the car. Not much but enough for me to go running out with bed head and improper shoes (the boots take too long to put on) to brush off the door frame, unlock the thankfully not frozen lock, hop in, start up the car and crank up the heat and defroster. Then I run back inside and finish getting ready. when I go back out to the car it takes just 2 minutes or so to brush it off (I'm a good driver and brush the ENTIRE car off, not just the windows) and get into the now warm car to head on my merry way.
What amazes me daily is the number of cars I see in the median on the interstate. Despite the inch-a-day snow, that road, at least, is clear and free of ice and snow yet somehow, at least one person a morning manages to basically bury a car in 4+ feet of snow in the median requiring a tow truck to get them out.
Yesterday there was a four car accident that slowed the road down to a crawl.
Wednesday was 7 cars in the median at various locations over the 22 mile stretch I drive each day.
I just don't get it.
When the road is snow covered and/or icy I completely understand but dry and clear??
Of course, now that I've voiced this I'll probably end up the next unlucky person to somehow park in the deep snow and even if that happens I probably still won't understand why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your thoughts into words!