Friday, September 28, 2007

Technicalities

My other half took me to dinner last night at Red Lobster for my birthday (see previous post). I told her on the way in, "Absolutely, under no circumstances, do I want anyone in the restaurant singing to me tonight." She agreed and promised. And then proceeded to tell the waitress, Ashley, not to sing to me.
So the end of the meal comes and Tara has that evil look that cats get when they are plotting something and I emphasis again I don't want anyone singing to me. She promises again.
Then Ashley and three other servers walk out with a scoop of ice cream with a candle on it, set it in front of me, I give Tara the look of death and then....
the servers proceed to HUM the entire birthday song. Patrons joined in...
Tara looks me in the eye and says, "You said no singing. You didn't say anything about humming..."
Caught on a technicality. Next year I'm going to say No musical interludes...
Revenge will be sweet and I have until March 31 to figure it out...

3 comments:

  1. Well, you DID correctly point out that she DID get you on a technicality. So technically you can't REALLY plot revenge.

    But you DID succeed in making me smile. After the tumultuous time you've had of late, I'm so glad you were able to revel in a happy moment. May the coming year bring you much success and happiness in your new role in your new home.

    Praying for your Dad, too. So's Michele. She sent me to see you this afternoon because she knew I needed a happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!
    Cute story, people hate it when I do similar things. Next year, don't go out on your birthday, go a day early.

    Michele sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you know, next year looks to be even better. hehehe!!!! insert evil grin here!

    Love you!
    T

    ReplyDelete

Put your thoughts into words!