Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Reread Again

I'm working my way back through some of my books. I have a fairly large selection but, I'm out of books to read for the moment so I picked up John Irving's Cider House Rules for probably the fourth time. Funny how a story reads differently when you are in a different part of your life. Irving rights some great tragic characters and I really like this book, A Prayer for Owen Meany (best opening line ever), Hotel New Hampshire, Widow for One Year.
Some of my friends and coworkers think I'm nuts for rereading books but a good book I've read in the past can seem like curling up with a good friend with good insight in the future.
Looking ahead on my reading, come fall I'll pick up the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan again http://www.tor.com/jordan/index.html. His usual schedule is a new book in the series every 2 years so there should be one in the spring. The schedule of his book writing has extended due to illness. The story line is so in depth that I lose track of too much in two years and always reread before the new book comes out.
I need some reading suggestions. I've recently read some mystery books and I've always been a fan of good fiction and science fiction. If you know of anything let me know. The good friends have been nice to visit over the past few weeks but after Cider House Rules I'll be ready for something new.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your thoughts into words!