Monday, February 25, 2008

AIDS Walk and Ride


I need your help. This year I plan to walk 3 miles for the AIDS Walk and Ride to raise money to support Alliance of AIDS Services Carolina. In college I was a certified HIV/AIDS instructor and I’ve known a variety of people who have lived and died with this disease. I am walking with a team from my church, St. John’s MCC. The 19 of us are attempting to raise $10,000 or more. If you can help, please click the image above put some money in. From $5 to $100, whatever you can afford to give would be a great help.
If you know anyone else who would be interested in assisting, please forward the link onward.


Go on...click on the link, give a little money...feel all warm and fuzzy because you did a great thing...


And I promise to post images of me walking the miles in May after the big event...



4 comments:

  1. Can't do it this week, but I will come back and support you as soon as I can. Three miles isn't much at all, so I'd imagine they'll get TONS of people to walk! Good luck and keep up the good work!

    Here via michele...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog.

    I support an orphanage in Uganda for AIDS orphans. Their stories are frightfully sad, both because of their loss of parents to that dreadful disease but for other geopolitical reasons, as well.

    Enjoy the walk and I shall visit the above link.

    Cheers.

    P.S. Love the Signal Mountain photo. I need to get back to that area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michele sent me to say good luck with the walk. I hope you raise a lot of money, have great weather, and have a good time too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

    ReplyDelete

Put your thoughts into words!