Friday, August 17, 2007

General this and that

I will post photos of the new car later today, I promise! I've been working like mad to make up for being at the hospital on Monday and Tuesday and it's been dark by the time I get home and can take some photos. The Escape's color is officially Black Pearl Slate so in honor of the Pirates of the Carribean movies she has now been named The Black Pearl or Pearl for short. I still don't know how to use all the options on the stereo but I did figure out the bass. I've also become a fan of the sensor in my rear view mirror. The mirror dims automatically so now I'm not blinded when the idiot behind me doesn't shut off his brights.
It amazes me how many new toys they've come up with for a vehicle in the past 11 years.

Work has been interesting. There's nothing like opening your e-mail after missing two days and finding 136 e-mails to deal with. I've been creating like a crazy woman and still have a ton of work to get done but that's ok, it makes the time go by quickly.

The jewelry making is going well. I've found I'm good a stringing beads. Who would have figured. We have our eBay store but, with everything, I haven't loaded the inventory yet. If you are a jewelry type person there will be earrings, necklaces and bracelets of various styles. Tara is also very good and custom jewelry to fit an individuals personality. I'll post our link as soon as the inventory is even partially loaded. Probably by Monday.

The cats, specifically the boys Curious George and Charles Baron, have been unusually attentive to me the past few days. They've been very cuddly and have been generally glued to me since I got home Tuesday night.

George took his addiction to leather cord to new heights yesterday. I didn't properly place the lid on the storage container that has our cords, string, wire, etc. for Jewelry. He apparently went onto the kitchen table (big no, no) repeatedly and pulled one pre-cut leather cord at a time out and then carried them to the bed where he proudly showed them off to me yesterday morning. I got my revenge and tied one loosely to his collar. He chased himself around for 10 minutes before he got it loose.

On a final note, my Dad continues to improve. He is now driving the staff in CCU crazy since he wants to get up and go and he still has 3 chest tubes...He refused his pain medication last night saying he'd be fine without it. That lasted until he had a coughing fit and became distinctly aware of those tubes again. He humbly asked for his drugs at midnight. His nurse just smiled and gave him his medication. I give her credit for not saying, "I told you so." I'm going back home tomorrow to visit him again. Hopefully his last air leak will close today and he'll get to go to a private room.

7 comments:

  1. wow...eventful. I'm a first time reader and so obviously have come in right in the middle of things. New cars healing fathers and annoying cats, sounds like things are going well, I beieve michele would agree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! What a week you've had! Glad dad is improving and YAY! for the non-smoking part. Mine died at age 47 of smoking-related problems, so I'm so happy for your dad.

    And aren't new cars the coolest? The dimming mirror? The best.

    Have a great weekend -- looking forward to the jewelry link!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dimming mirror?! I so need one of those. I have a big problem driving in the dark because of the blinding lights. Do they make a dimmer windshield too?

    Okay, I love love love beaded jewelry, so I will definitely be browsing your store Monday.

    I'm glad your dad's improving. It's great he tried to go without the pain meds, even if he gave in later.

    Kitties! Gotta love them. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather and thanks for visiting. Michele sends her best and I hope Dad is much better soon. I no longer drive at night but remember cursing the head lights behind me. I hope you have fun with your new car. My old one died and I am getting used to driving our one and only - a Ford Focus. It is much more responsive. Have a lovely week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your inbox sounds like mine! Sometimes I think my job is answering email!

    Enjoy your new car - the gizmos sound great and good luck with the jewellery.

    I hope your Dad recovers quickly and gets home soon.

    Michele sent me to say hi.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the previous posts about your Dad. I'm glad he's doing better. (He sounds as bull-headed as my dad.) Congrats on the car!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad your dad is doing better...and Pearl sounds SWEET. It will be several years before another new car makes it into our lives, and at that, it will be for my hubby, as his car is 7 years old now....but still a good car.

    ReplyDelete

Put your thoughts into words!