Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Good News Good News

It has been one hell of a ride the past 5 days. There is the whole sick Dad thing (BTW, off the respirator and doing really well!) and then there was the my car died thing. Two big negatives. The positives:
1. My Dad will be fine and is now a non-smoker
2. dead car meant I had to get new car and boy did I ever get a new one (pictures to follow in next post). My other half, Tara, and I got a 2008 Ford Escape XLT with lots of shiny buttons and toys!!!!! It is an amazing, wonderful, stupendous vehicle.
3. I've had 2 sets of job interviews, both for positions in North Carolina - one with my current company and one with a new one. All interviews have gone well.
4. I may have a chance to be promoted to a coordinator if all else fails and stay here in Erie
Like I said, up and down but a lot more positive than negative.

9 comments:

  1. good news about DAD! and new Job?? and definitely good to have a new car, Love that new car smell!

    Life is like a rollercoaster, ups and downs, enjoy the ride!

    btw michele sent me

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! Now all you need is a cupcake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome news about your dad. And being an ex-smoker is awesomeness x 200.

    SHOW US THE CAR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Was so glad to hear things are lookin up for you! Great news about Dad... 3 encouraging job opportunities at one time?!?! Geesh!!

    AND A NEW CAR?!? That's the icing on the cake! Congrats - and I'm with Thumper on this one... PICS! PICS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've had a lot of changes in your life recently. Hopefully things will take a better turn in the coming days. Glad to hear that your dad is now a non-smoker. A nasty habit. I know, I used to do it myself. Best of luck to him and you!

    Michele sent me today. Hi from Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i drove an Escape on vacation, nice wheels!
    thanks for visiting me again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like things are looking up for you!

    michele sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like things are looking up for you--enjoy the new car, and its requisite new car smell.
    Here from Michele.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting our site.

    Good news about your dad. That takes a load off of your shoulders, I'm sure.

    New car! Nothing like it. Had to just make the plunge myself and since we had a truck we bought a 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse. Fun and good gas mileage.

    ReplyDelete

Put your thoughts into words!