Saturday, January 10, 2009

25 Random Things About Me

A friend tagged me to do this in Facebook so I thought I would share here as well.
1. I'm originally from Raccoon Township Beaver County...go ahead...laugh. We had a state park and were next door to one of the oldest nuclear power plants. We didn't need night lights we glowed on our own.
2. I was raised Roman Catholic, went to 2 Catholic elementary schools and a Catholic university.
3. I have two cats named Callie and Curious George and a bearded dragon named Buddy as pets.
4. I've lived in William sport PA known for the Little League World series. That's all that happens there. It is four hours from civilization in any direction.
5. I went to Lilith Fair the first year it happened at the Starlake Amphitheater in Pittsburgh.
6. I actually performed CPR on someone. Unfortunately he had a massive heart attack and my efforts and the efforts of the paramedics and doctors were unsuccessful.
7. I'm now a very active member of St. John's Metropolitan Community Church in Raleigh, NC.
8. I can sing first soprano.
9. I smoked from 12 years and quit 6 months ago at the same time as my other half with a lot of help from Quitnet.com and a smoke cessation study at Duke University. I like to think Tara and I are skewing their research data in a positive manner.
10. I'm a training manager and have been involved in training and training development for almost 9 years as a professional
.11. I don't have kids. I do have 5 beautiful nieces.
12. I love to canoe and camp out rugged style. It is a lot of fun and very relaxing.
13. I am a book addict. I am always reading something. It is almost a physical need for me to read a least a little a day. I'll typically take a book over the TV and will sometimes take a book over people.
14. I'm a Trekkie. Yes I admit it. Voyager was my favorite but I'd watch all of them. Despite being a fan I went to one convention with some friends years ago and the people there scared me.
15. I like scifi while I'm at it. Old 50's giant animal (attack of the giant bunny, spiders, ants, 50ft woman, Gila monster, etc) are fun to watch. I also love movies like Blade runner.
16. I'm allergic to walnuts and penicillin. I love walnuts but they cause things like hives and anaphalactic shock so I can't have them. You'd be amazed what contains walnuts. Penicillin allergy is so bad that I worked with the mold in a microbiology lab in college and ended up in the ER.
17. I have a degree in Science with a minor in English from Gannon University.
18. I used to play the flute and still own my flute. I would like to pick it back up again some time in the near future.
19. I can paint ala Bob Ross...happy little trees and happy little mountains. I'm far, far from an artist but at least you can tell what it is.
20. I have a dream to create training material and work as a freelance training developer and speaker/trainer. Who would have thought the painfully shy little kid would turn out to be someone who loves to get in front of a group and train them on something new?
21. I volunteered and worked at The Zoo, Gulf Breeze Florida part time. I used to drive the train through the 30 acre wildlife preserve and accidentally let Gabriel the Giant Eland out one time. They got him back in safely.
22. I've acted in a few plays or musicals for high school and then community theater. Can be a lot of fun but I have more fun with the behind the scenes stuff. If I could choose any part to play I would be the stage manager in The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told.
23. I worked for USAir as a Special Assistance Rep. assisting special needs passengers such as unaccompanied children, elderly, disabled, etc. I worked 2 summers and a Christmas season in the Pittsburgh, PA airport doing this. I used to drive the golf cart around and had Little Richard hop a ride one day.
24. I love the smell of coffee but don't like coffee. I don't like tradional pizza at all. Something about red sauce on bread is just...ick...I will eat an alfredo or chicken ranch pizza though.
25. I am a HUGE Steelers and Penguins fan...that is American Football and Hockey the Pittsburgh teams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Put your thoughts into words!